From Facebook Messenger to Kik, and from Slack bots to Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and email bots, the brand new conversational apps are revolutionizing the best way we interact with software. This practical guide shows you the best way to design and build great conversational experiences and delightful bots that lend a hand people be more productive, whether it’s for a new consumer service or an enterprise efficiency product.
Ideal for designers, product managers, and entrepreneurs, this book explores what works and what doesn’t in real-world bot examples, and provides practical design patterns in your bot-building toolbox. You’ll discover ways to use an effective onboarding process, outline different flows, define a bot personality, and make a selection the suitable balance of wealthy regulate and text.
- Explore different bot use-cases and design best practices
- Understand bot anatomy—such as brand and personality, conversations, advanced UI controls—and their associated design patterns
- Learn steps for building a Facebook Messenger consumer bot and a Slack business bot
- Explore the lessons learned and shared experiences of designers and entrepreneurs who have built bots
- Design and prototype your first bot, and experiment with user feedback