Voice user interfaces (VUIs) are becoming the entire rage today. But how do you build one that people can if truth be told converse with? Whether you’re designing a mobile app, a toy, or a device such as a home assistant, this practical book guides you through basic VUI design principles, helps you select the right speech recognition engine, and shows you how to measure your VUI’s performance and strengthen upon it.
Author Cathy Pearl also takes product managers, UX designers, and VUI designers into advanced design topics to be able to help make your VUI not just functional, but great.
- Understand key VUI design concepts, including command-and-regulate and conversational systems
- Decide if you should utilize an avatar or other visual representation with your VUI
- Explore speech recognition technology and its have an effect on on your design
- Take your VUI above and beyond the basic exchange of information
- Learn practical how you can test your VUI application with users
- Monitor your app and discover ways to quickly strengthen performance
- Get real-world examples of VUIs for home assistants, smartwatches, and car systems